MyCenturaHealth is designed to work with all healthcare technologies, including devices and applications from third parties. It is also used by Centura Health physicians to help them reach out to their patients more effectively. MyCenturaHealth is fully integrated with Centura’s EHR system, so patients can access their medical records in the same way they would in a doctor’s office.
If you’re having problems logging into your account, you can contact customer support. It is possible that the wrong credentials are the cause of your problem. This article will help you reset your credentials if you need to do so.
MyCenturaHealth Reset Credentials
If you want to reset both your username and password, you can do so on the official MyCenturaHealth portal. Don’t panic if you don’t remember your credentials. It is simple to follow the following steps after visiting the official portal.
Recover Username: Occasionally, you may forget your user name. You can reset it multiple times without worrying. Follow the steps outlined here.
- Please visit the official website of My Centura Health, www.mycenturahealth.org.
- To reset your username, click “Forgot Username.”
- Input your first name, last name, social security number, and birthday.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- On the next page, you need to follow all instructions to recover your username carefully.
Reset Password: If you forgot your password, you could regain access to your account by following these simple steps:
- Go to www.mycenturahealth.org, which is the official website.
- Click the forgot password link now.
- After entering your First Name, Last Name, Social Security Number (last four numbers), and Date of Birth click the Submit button.
- Follow the instructions carefully to recover your password.
If you cannot remember any of this information, you may need to contact the support team at 1-866-414-1562 to get back into your account.